Industrialised Construction System or Industrialised Building System is a system which use industrial production techniques either in the production of components or assembly of the building or both. (Farid Wardi 1997). Under this system, the industry operate more like a manufacturing sector where most parts of building is made up of manufactured components and installed on site.
The system can either be Open or Closed system.
Close Industrialised Building system
Is a system where all elements of industrial production of components to be used for specific designs for specific projects. The system does not allow for the interchangeability of components from different factories.
Open Industralised Building System
Is a system which allows the production of building components by various factories and to be compatible with each other to be used in any building project.
The successful implementation of open industrialisation building system requires a modular coordination.
Where Modular coordination :-
Is an international system of dimensional standardisation in building where buildings and components are sized in term of a basic unit or module.
1) To assist the building industry and its associated industries, through standardisation
2) To improve workmanship and reduce cost.
3) To facilitate coorporation between building designers, manufacturers, contractors and
4) To enable buildings to be so dimensioned that they can be erected with standard components
without restriction on freedom of design.
5) To permit a flexible type of standardisation, which encourages the use of a limited number of
standardised building components for the construction of different types of building.
6) To optimise the number of standard sizes of building components
7) To encourage the interchangeability of component and
8) To simplify site operations.
me and Malaysia's MRT
2 weeks ago